Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Bucket List



Every year I make a New Year's resolution and every year I break my resolution...usually within the first week.  I've actually had the same one for the past three years - to send birthday cards to each of my family members on their birthday.  To be fair, I come from a very large family and I'm doomed from the start because three birthdays fall within the first week of January.  This year, I decided not to make a resolution.  After all, resolutions are made to be broken.  However, a bucket list sounds promising!  Something I can check off after I've accomplished the task.  Oh yes, I think I can do this!  Without further ado, my 2012 bucket list

  • Learn to sew, crochet, and cook.  I am embarrassed to say that I cannot do any of these things.  I can't even sew a button.  Meme did teach me a bit of crocheting when I was younger.  I don't remember any of it, but I think it would be fun to give it another try.  My husband added the last one to the list and not one I'm thrilled about trying to accomplish because I really dislike cooking.  Baking I can do!  Cupcakes, cakes...not a problem.  A meal...that's a problem, but I have nowhere to go but up.
  • Frame all of our beautiful portraits from Julie Thacker.  Yes, all of them!  I do have a few matted and framed, but many of them are still in the box she packaged them in before giving them to me.  
  • Date night at least once a month.  This shouldn't be too difficult, right?  We've already had a date night this month - that makes us 1/12 of the way there!
  • Blog more frequently.  (This also shouldn't be difficult since I only average one blog a month.)
  • Become proficient with Photoshop.  I'm actually very excited about this one!  
  • Play more.  Stress less.  No explanation needed.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment