Every year I make a New Year's resolution and every year I break my resolution...usually within the first week. I've actually had the same one for the past three years - to send birthday cards to each of my family members on their birthday. To be fair, I come from a very large family and I'm doomed from the start because three birthdays fall within the first week of January. This year, I decided not to make a resolution. After all, resolutions are made to be broken. However, a bucket list sounds promising! Something I can check off after I've accomplished the task. Oh yes, I think I can do this! Without further ado, my 2012 bucket list
- Learn to sew, crochet, and cook. I am embarrassed to say that I cannot do any of these things. I can't even sew a button. Meme did teach me a bit of crocheting when I was younger. I don't remember any of it, but I think it would be fun to give it another try. My husband added the last one to the list and not one I'm thrilled about trying to accomplish because I really dislike cooking. Baking I can do! Cupcakes, cakes...not a problem. A meal...that's a problem, but I have nowhere to go but up.
- Frame all of our beautiful portraits from Julie Thacker. Yes, all of them! I do have a few matted and framed, but many of them are still in the box she packaged them in before giving them to me.
- Date night at least once a month. This shouldn't be too difficult, right? We've already had a date night this month - that makes us 1/12 of the way there!
- Blog more frequently. (This also shouldn't be difficult since I only average one blog a month.)
- Become proficient with Photoshop. I'm actually very excited about this one!
- Play more. Stress less. No explanation needed.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.