Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Week of Thankfulness


I am so fortunate to have a job that allows me to be home with my family over holiday breaks!  Our goal was to spend each day doing something fun and entertaining.  We kicked off our week with a trip to Hobby Lobby for some craft supplies.  A few ink pads and some card stock kept my kiddos entertained for hours!  My favorites:

Thumbprint Turkey by Parker
Thumbprint Turkey by Carter

We also made our annual trip to the Paramount's Festival of Trees and Trains.  I have visited the festival since I was a little girl and love sharing the tradition with my children.  The trains have made a nice addition to the festivities!  Parker and Carter were mesmerized by the display and could have watched for hours.

Parker's favorite tree

This photo is definitely not great quality,
but the expression on his face says it all!
Carter voting for his favorite tree

The Highland's Museum & Discovery Center was also on our to do list.  We spent an entire afternoon exploring the exhibits.  I highly recommend a trip here if you have young children.


 The lovely weather towards the end of the week provided a great opportunity to visit Central Park. We also took a quick walk over to the library where Parker checked out his first chapter book, Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake.  I love how the burst setting on my camera captured the boys in action in the next four pictures:

Look at that jump!

Finally, we spent time with family and friends on Thanksgiving and enjoyed a wonderful dinner.  Here are four people that I am so very thankful to have in my life:

Our attempt at a family picture.  Everyone is looking
at the camera - I'll take it!



We definitely accomplished our goal of a fun and entertaining week and are looking forward to Christmas vacation...only 8 school days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment